CECL Implementation and Reporting
Enhancing Data Management For CECL Modeling
Panel Discussion: Leveraging technology platforms to meet CECL data requirements
• Is current technology robust enough to withstand the increment in data?
• Implementation and eﬀectiveness of specifc reporting tools to deal with large data
• What are the key challenges faced in data acquisition and quality to input into the platforms?
Executive Vice President, CECL
Senior Vice President Credit Risk
Senior Vice President and Practice
Lead, Data and Analytics
Workshop Title: The Impact of CECL on Real Estate Loans
Attendees will learn key considerations for CECL implementation and what to expect from the new forecasting tool for CRE. There will be an interactive discussion on strategies to manage how CRE expected losses will impact models and data challenges for CRE models.
Workshop Moderator: Dev Strischek
Company: Principal - Devon Risk Advisory Group
Why You Should Attend
The aim of this GFMI conference is to help financial institutions understand the key requirements of the CECL standard and to explore practical ways to ensure that their approaches are in line with the regulatory expectations. Attendees will learn about the challenges surrounding coordination of CECL between modeling and accounting departments and strategies to ensure a holistic CECL approach. Data management and investing in technology to fit the CECL standard will be explored. With CCAR, DFAST and IFRS9 for 2018 on the horizon, balancing the standard with other regulatory requirements will also be examined.
- Examine the regulatory expectations in more detail
- Understand how to overcome challenges with regard to data acquisition and data integrity
- Coordinate the required expertise across departments
- Balance compliance between CECL, CCAR, DFAST and IFRS 9
- Minimize the cost of compliance with the CECL standard
Why Choose GFMI marcus evans?
marcus evans specialises in the research and development of strategic events for senior business executives. From our international network of 63 offices, marcus evans produces over 1000 event days a year on strategic issues in corporate finance, telecommunications, technology, health, transportation, capital markets, human resources and business improvement.
Above all, marcus evans provides clients with business information and knowledge which enables them to sustain a valuable competitive advantage and makes a positive contribution to their success.